Online casino operators consistently devise new methods to attract and keep new players. And one strategy that has always worked for these operators is offering online casino sign up bonuses. But these promotions can come in many forms, making it confusing for beginner gamblers to choose the best fit. So, this article discusses all commonly offered casino welcome bonus variations and how they work.
A casino welcome bonus is a reward for new players after completing the sign-up process. Players only need to make an initial deposit and enter the bonus code (if any) to trigger the reward. Some bonuses can also be rewarded without necessarily making a qualifying deposit. Either way, the bonus money is usually non-withdrawable. Players must fulfil the wagering requirements before withdrawing winnings from the bonus package.
As said before, online casino bonuses and promotions come in many variations, and players may need to deposit an amount or not deposit anything at all. Below are the most offered casino welcome promotions:
Match Deposit Bonus
The match deposit bonus is arguably the most common online casino deposit bonus. With this welcome package, the casino will require new signees to make a minimum deposit before triggering it. That's probably the reason why the reward is prevalent in the online gambling scene.
That said, this bonus is usually a percentage of the player's first deposit. The ratio can range between 50% to 200%, although 100% is the standard rate. For instance, a casino can welcome new patrons with a match deposit bonus of 100% up to $1,000. Players who deposit $100 will receive $100 in non-withdrawable funds.
No Deposit Bonus
Some players argue that this is the best casino signup bonus players can find. That's true, considering the players don't need to make a minimum real money deposit to trigger this reward. Gamers must only create an account and enter the welcome bonus code to claim it.
But as good as it comes, this welcome bonus is usually smaller than a deposit bonus. Still, no deposit bonuses offer players a great way to try out new casinos without risking their hard-earned money.
Another bonus for new players is a reload bonus. As the name hints, this casino welcome bonus is given on subsequent deposits after making the first payment. The motivation behind this reward is to encourage new gamers to make real money deposits and play.
Because a reload bonus is usually tied to the overall deposit bonus amount, these bonuses are almost identical. However, reload bonuses have lower percentage rates, usually 50% or less. Also, loyal patrons can get reload bonuses on special occasions like holidays and birthdays.
Free Spins Bonus
Free spins are popular bonuses for new players and loyal customers. It's a welcome bonus, primarily for slots. With this welcome reward, the casino will give new gamblers several free spins on particular slot games.
It's vital to remember that free spin bonuses can come as a standalone offer or part of a deposit bonus. Also, players must fulfil bonus terms like wagering requirements before withdrawing free spin winnings. Most casinos offer 20 to 100 spins, although it could be more.
Casino welcome bonuses can look like free gaming opportunities from a distance. However, it's vital to remember that the biggest bonus package isn't necessarily the best.
Below are some tricks to help players find the best casino bonuses:
- Confirm the wagering requirement: The wagering requirement is a condition that applies to all casino rewards. It's the number of times to play using an amount equal to the prize before withdrawing winnings. The best online casino welcome bonus must have a low wagering requirement. Some casino bonuses don't have any wagering requirements at all.
- Low minimum deposit: Players don't need to break the bank to trigger the casino bonus. Ensure the minimum qualifying deposit is manageable, usually between $10 and $30.
- Extended validity period: This is the duration players have to fulfil the bonus conditions and withdraw winnings. The best online casino bonuses often have extended expiry periods of up to 30 days.
- Slot RTP and variance: If the casino specifies the slot machine to use the free spins on, it's advisable to check the slot's RTP and variance before claiming the reward. A slot machine with a high RTP and low variance makes winning a payout from the bonus easier. The RTP should be anything more than 96%.
- Bet and win limits: Casinos specify the minimum bet and maximum win for the bonus to prevent abuse. With a higher minimum bet limit, players can fulfil the wagering requirements quicker by placing bigger stakes. The win limit should also be as high as possible. Winning $10,000 only to be allowed to withdraw $200 because of bonus terms could be disappointing.
This article has discussed some standard welcome bonus variations at the best online casinos. But always remember that casino welcome bonuses function differently. Some may require a minimum deposit, while others are free to claim if players sign up successfully. But considering the advantages and disadvantages of each bonus, players must choose what works best for them.