As we already mentioned, if you are planning on using the GCash payment method, you will have to create an account on the official platform of GCash. Luckily, GCash can be used by either Android users or iOS users. To get the app for Android devices, just go to the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store for iOS.
- After you get the GCash app, you can proceed with opening your account by following these steps.
- Open the GCash App that you just got
- Enter your Mobile Number (Philippian Mobile numbers only)
- Enter all the required data for the account opening process, like address, name, e-mail, etc...
- Set your PIN, which you will use to make any online purchase
- To complete the registration, just click the Submit button
- You will get a 6-digit authentication code on your mobile number, so wait for an sms notification
- You will have to enter that authentication code to fully complete the process.
- Then, your app is ready to be used for
GCash Account Verification
Notice that, in order to fully benefit from using GCash, you will have to pass a simple confirmation, which aims to complete your account verification. There are three stages of that account confirmation; Basic, Partially, and Fully Verified.
To fully verify your account, you will simply have to get in touch with the customer support of GCash, and then be asked a few questions to confirm your identity. After you confirm your account, you will become one of the customers that has full access to GCash services. You will not have transaction limits, which for basic are limited to PHP 4 000, but PHP 100 000 for fully verified accounts.
On the other hand, if you don't confirm your account, you will be able to only have PHP 40 000 in your account, but PHP 100 000 for all fully verified customers.